It’s no secret that I am not feeling the Christmas spirit this year. In fact, I haven’t really felt it in several years. I have moments where it’s there, like when I’m walking down Fifth Avenue admiring the holiday windows or feel the urge to listen to some Christmas music. But honestly, overall, I’m bitter and cranky and cynical, and I’m trying to pull myself out of the funk, but the only part of Christmas I’m looking forward to is seeing Les Miserables.
In a perfect world though, where there are no limitations by time or space or money or “celebrity,” I do have some holiday wishes. In an effort to bring some holiday spirit to HIMTM, or in case you’re looking to send me an amazing gift, I present my Christmas wish list to you. In no particular order:
- A job, a free car, or a million dollars.
- An NHL season.
- A Gossip Girl spinoff starring Georgina, Ivy, and Jenny wreaking havoc all over the Upper East Side.
- A new Justin Timberlake album. It’s been far too long.
- A magic spell to make all of my uncertainties go away.
- A certain decision on where I want to live and what I want to be in when I grow up.
- A lap dance from Nick Miller or Schmidt. Or both.
- A date to watch a Steelers game with Seth Meyers, just once, so I can hear commentary like this live and in person.
- A return trip to Vancouver.
- The guitar, piano, and singing skills of Grace Potter. Seriously. not. one. bad. note.
- Tickets to see Grace Potter when she comes back to Pittsburgh next month.
- The courage to be honest out loud, rather than just in writing.
- No more injuries to Ben Roethlisberger.
- Serena’s entire outfit from the scene in Gossip Girl this week when she was leaving for LA. Sadly I can’t find a photo, but trust me, it was spectacular and, unlike most of Serena’s wardrobe, classy and exactly my style.
- A winning season for the Pirates in 2013.
Happy holidays, everyone.